There's something about summer that feels like a new beginning. Moreso than on New Years Eve or the first day of a new school year. Summer is the time to do things that you don't have time to do any other part of the year. Like actually take a step back and take care of yourself. I went back to physical therapy yesterday and I know by the end of the summer my posture is going to look so vastly different than when summer began. It's so important to take care of yourself. Our world and society today moves so quickly and is constantly speeding up that you lose time to take care of important things. But not during the summer. To me, time seems to slow down just enough for you to go back and put time and energy into things that matter the most: spending time with family, friends, boyfriend; going on vacation and getting to relax; do some exploration of your own voice without consistent lessons. During the school year I seem to be so focused on school and less focused on me. I'm sure everyone feels this way to a certain extent. It's not good for anyone. We all can become much better versions of ourselves if we slow down every so often. Already I've gone back to work downtown, caught up with high school friends, seen my extended family, gone on an actual date with my boyfriend, gone to yoga and physical therapy. And I'm just getting started. I still have more to figure out about my voice. I stil have new music to learn. I still have vacation to go on. (I'm super excited about it. My family is going to NYC DC and Williamsburg. Some of my favorite places in the US <3 ). I've gotten to reconnect with my siblings again, they recognzie the real me again. I'm even building stronger relationships with them which is vital to me as well.
So don't forget to take the time to do something for yourself this season. You'll thank me later.
Until next time,
sopranodivaEm
No comments:
Post a Comment