You'd be surprised at how hard it is to keep up with blogging. Suddenly you get very busy with catching up with people, going out and enjoying the weather, celebrating birthdays. The list goes on.
I went to the Soxs game with the boyfriend, his brother and some of his brother's friends. We tailgated, and I ate this first hot dog I actually remember eating. The Sox played the Yankees and got crushed 1-7. We left at the top of the 9th inning. I had never been to US Cell Field before. It's pretty nice for a baseball stadium. I stopped and thought to myself at one point, Who am I? I'm eating hot dogs at a baseball game on the south side on a Sunday afternoon. What's become of me? I quickly answered my own question. Michael. This may sound strange coming from me, but I like a break from the music world every once in awhile. I actually enjoyed being outside on a nice day (hot enough to get a sunburn on my forearms :( never underestimate the power of sunscreen). Musicians are almost never outside to enjoy being outside. We're always inside practicing or performing or new research for our next gigs. I always say I'd never be able to marry a musician. There can be too much of a big personality. The best couples balance each other out, but have important morals and visions of life in common. Sometimes too much of the same thing isn't always the best match. So, long story short, that's why I went to the Sox game.
The story of Alcina is a fantasy, and the words are in Italian. I'm curious to see what the concept will be. Sometimes it's just best to be given information instead of searching for it yourself. I should start looking at what type of program I could put together for these few gigs my grandpa has found me. My schedule for the summer is starting to pull itself together and I can somewhat see the finish line. I'm kinda looking forward to summer school, it'll give my more structure to my schedule. I always seem to function better with a schedule.
Memorial Day has become a real holiday in my family ever since my brother was playing in the middle school marching band. My moms birthday is around the holiday, so it's become a tradition for the family to come over, enjoy the parade and then celebrate my moms birthday with a brunch in our backyard afterwards. My mom has a system of setting up chairs in our "spot" at 7am, getting Starbucks for everyone and returning to wake everyone up. This year, my sister was playing in the middle school band and my bro was playing for the high school marching band. There's another sister coming up behind the first one. There will be many more years of Uddenberg's playing in the Memorial Day parade. It's the "big deal" parade in my hometown. Kids sit on the curb with Jewel bags looking to catch candy from those in the parade. All the old fashioned army vehicles get brought out and driven thru town and we honor those who have served in wars going back to Vetenam. It's really a very cool day. And beautiful weather is the icing on the cake.
Until next time,
sopranodivaEm



No comments:
Post a Comment