Saturday, May 3, 2014

Those Friends You Make in College

You always hear adults tell stories about the friends they made in college are their best friends for life. I have come to realize that this is true. Although I've only had one year of college, I've already made very very close friends that I know I will hold onto for the rest of my life.
It feels weird though, to become so close to people so quickly. Like, the friends you make through high school seem like they're going to be your lifelong friends and you get to college and it's like oh. Because in college, you're finally focusing on that one thing you will do for the rest of your life. You're making life changing decisions and dealing with a lot of growing pains. It's the next step into adult life... scary thought there. But having people to share those experiences with: long distance relationships, first juries, same classes, same teacher, annoyed by those same people, being in the same tech week rehearsals. You get to know a person that way. And you learn to love them and they learn to love you, no matter how much of a diva you are. They hate your catch phrases, you read each others minds, you double over in laughter together. Everyone has those friends or that friend. And that's really important. The friends you make help shape you as a person just as much as the events you're going through. Some people come into your life to just make an apperance, others are meant to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment