Do you ever sit back and think about how you got to where
you are? Or realize that all the stress and worrying you put into something was
going a little too far? Or surprise yourself discovering how much you’ve
changed, or how the people you’re close to have changed? Some things we want to
change so quickly and we sit around waiting for it to happen. And then it hits
us. Things have changed when we weren’t looking. We all know this feeling. It’s
happening right now, but we haven’t seen the evidence yet.
You think everything is good and fine with life until
something bad happens. Then another bad thing happens. It gets to a point where
your little sister asks you, why do bad things always happen to us? I wish I
knew. Why do bad things happen to good people? Are these events supposed to
teach us something? Make us stronger? Did anyone ever consider that the things
life throw at us we aren’t actually programmed to handle???
But then you stop and think again about how fortunate you
are. You have cute clothes, good food, a safe home, good education, people who
love you. It’s okay that bad things happen I guess because there are so many
good things life gives us. I have a job. I have a wonderful boyfriend. I have
friends who love me. Hoping that things would be perfect is probably asking for
too much.
You know, the universe has a pretty solid idea of how to
give us a balance in life. We may not always feel like we deserve the balance
we get, but someone somewhere out there thinks they got it right. We really
don’t have control on what happens next to us. We like to think we do, but it’s
already all figured out for us. We just have to get up every day, put our best
foot forward and do it all again the next day, despite what happened yesterday.
That’s the hardest part. Forgetting yesterday. It’s over. It happened. But
today is happening too. We have the chance to do something with the new day
ahead of us. We should use the chance we’re given. If nothing works out today,
there’s always a tomorrow to try again.
We have to remember to stay positive because life isn’t over
just yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment