Sunday, May 11, 2014

First Few Days of Summer

To my pleasant surprise I apparently have readers!
Well, one anyways. You know who you are :)
Every college student knows that coming home after being away at school takes some adjustment. We suddenly have to live under our parents' roof again and therefore abide by their rules. I felt this sterotype slightly during winter break. But I've been home for four days now and all is still peaceful between the parental units and I. I've been busy of course, working, seeing friends, seeing end-of-the-year concerts/musical. Mothers Day wasn't a disaster, although the staff at Olive Garden might testify otherwise. Let's just say we didn't have to pay for our appetizers, or full prize for about half our meals. "When you're here, you're family" as they say.
The congregation at Prince of Peace assumes when I'm home I'm going to sing in the worship service that morning. I'm sorry to break the streak, folks. But don't worry, a date has been set for June. And that's just the beginning.
Summer school classes haven't started yet. I have a few weeks to unpack the van, catch up on sleep, attempt to get some of these knots out of my shoulders. It's quite a struggle. Anyone who knows a great deal on a massage, please let me know. I will eternally be in your debt.
The boyfriend starts his internship in the city tomorrow. My working man. Tomorrow night we will have dinner with his grandma and his parents. This is the first time this group has come together for a meal. I wonder if anything interesting will happen. I'll let him do most of the talking, he needs the practice anyways. For those of you who know me, know that I get lots of practice talking with people every single day.
I wish I had more exciting stories for you thus far, but I do not. But when something does happen worth telling, you all will be informed.
Until next time,
sopranodivaEm

No comments:

Post a Comment