Monday, May 12, 2014

Inspirations

Every girl has those list of things that just make her feel her best, and are great for a pick-me-up when she needs it. These are mine:
1) My parents. Oh sure, we've been through our rough patches. But after going to college, we seem to just talk about the stuff that matters and not the stuff that doesn't. I have the greatest relationship with both of them. Supporting, loving, and mine.

2) Friends. These people have been great to me this year. Elora, Victoria, Jose, Lauren and Halla. My CIMers. My singer people. We laugh, joke, live in very close proximity to each other. They know I'm a diva and love me anyway. They're people to keep around, at least for a little while.
 3) Pinterest. I know this looks weird, perhaps a bit obsessive because this is a website. I'm very aware. But seriously, how many of you out there have an account? Pinterest gives me ideas. It's actually helping me with my Summer list. Healthy habits, finding my style and getting my tools to prep for the next year of school. I'm not crazy, I promise.
 4) Ms. Renee Fleming. My role model. I would love to ascend to what she is doing: traveling and singing in various operatic roles, sharing stages in recital with the top singers of today. She recently sang the National Anthem at last season's Super Bowl. The gown she wore is on display at the Smithsonian in DC. Can she get any classier???? And she thinks I'm talented :)
 5) My school. CIM. The most supportive community of musicians in this country. It's amazing. I've already learned so much and I've only been there a year! And another three more to go. Stay tuned for this fall's opera production. You'll know soon after I do.
 6) The most important. My boy. My Michael. My rock. He's seen the best and worst versions of me and inbetween and loves all of me. There isn't anyone else out there for me. This is the most patient understanding attractive loving boy I've ever met, and I'm keeping him. He's the one, we just have to wait for the right time to say those two little words.
 7) My siblings. This picture was taken on such a fun day. The week before I left for Cleveland. We went in the famous McDonalds playground and got stuck in the slide. I have to play peacekeeper most of the time, but they're pretty great so it's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment