I think a year is too long to analyze how much you've changed. A semester is just the right about of time. About three months is plenty for a person to struggle and change and discover another part of themselves. I know I have. This semester has held a lot of firsts for me. Of course learning a role was a big part of that. It's the first time I've been away from home for more than a handful of weeks. This was three months. Juggling stress of homework and a full time rehearsal schedule is tough, but also so rewarding. I've come to attack a pile of work with this mindset, "If I can survive x, I know I can do this." And then I do it. The world doesn't end like I think it will sometimes. No one is failing at life. I haven't lost the parts of me that I've discovered. I still have my same long term goals, although I may change the steps I take to get there along the way. College is just gonna be like life, except hopefully once I'm out of college I'll be getting paid more than I am paying other people for things. Of course it won't be like that right away, it never is. But to live happily and comfortably is what everyone wants, even if they may not come right out and say it.
That's it, that's the answer to all the worlds problems. Everyone just wants to be happy, but other people have to go in and get in the way. For all sorts of stupid reasons. If we could just allow everyone to be happy, this world would be a very different place. Some food for thought there, huh?
Until next time,
sopranodivaEm
No comments:
Post a Comment