Friday, November 21, 2014

Sigh of relief

It's 11:32am, and I've already survived most of what I've been stressing about this week. 
I think I did well on my dictation test. I've been working really hard the last couple of weeks, starting my brain work at 8am with review sessions every day, as well as drilling chords on my own. I feel good about the effort I've put in. I hope it's enough. 
Everyone has that one language that is just harder than the rest. For me, this is German. No matter how many times I drill the vocab there's always a few words I can't seem to remember. Grammar has always been the easier sider of learning a language, but the teachers here don't explain what the big grammatical words mean, so there are some holes that I wish would be filled. Duolingo is a great app to help with that. 
This history test actually speaks to me. Mention anything about opera and it all just sticks. Thanks Monteverdi. The only thing left is to kill this final project which of course I've centered around opera. After a meeting with my TA I'm giving myself a well deserved nap, score study and slowly reviewing for what's coming on Monday. Weekends can be productive and relaxing if you do it right. 
Until next time,
sopranodivaEm 

No comments:

Post a Comment