Everyone has that order of events that must be done before any major audition, performance, or in my case this week, a jury.
I usually like to be by myself. I don't need the distractions and thoughts or anxieties of others to get in my head and throw me out of focus. Doing my hair and make up is really calming, I can't really give you logic as to why. But looking my best helps me do my best. Plus the whole process is really fun :)
If there are people around, like family bf etc., they've learned to just do what I tell them and everyone will get out of the situation alive. I don't need any extra nerves than the ones I'm already creating myself.
I run my set just once. I don't want to get over-worked and waste my best notes in the practice room. If I'm listening to any music, it's not my rep. I need to remember my interpretations of my pieces, not have someone else's in my head.
I always arrive to the audition area early. I'm not the most social person, especially if I don't know you. I'm trying to get in the zone so leave me be!! I never listen to anyone performing before me. There's no need to worry about other people except for me.
A diet coke and then water galore is the only thing I will touch before I sing. The diet coke is so I'm not too flabby, I guess? Plus it's yummy.
Then I turn on my smile, walk in the room, and do my thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment