I feel extremely strong about this concept and I'm curious to see if I'm crazy for believing this is true.
College is ideally just how life is going to be once we're out of school.
You learn new things everyday.
You sing and practice new and old pieces, discovering more about your voice along the way.
You disagree and argue with people. Sometimes it's someone you love and really care about, other times it's someone you can't stand and it would be just awful if they turned out to be right and you turned out to be wrong.
You get up, you're tired, you get things done that you have to do, not necessarily wanting to, and you take a nap to make it through the next part of your day.
Some days go better than you expect, some days are worse, and some you have absolutely no expectations or goals at all.
Life pushes your limits and stretches your boundaries. Some days you don't bounce back and some days you do.
College is supposed to prepare us for the rest of our lives. It's not EXACTLY like the real thing, but it's close enough that life shouldn't feel so unexpected.
I feel more prepared to sing for an audition in three years than I do for taking a keyboard final in three days.
Does that make me weird? I can't figure it out.
But even if it does make me weird, there's really nothing much I can do about it anyway. So I'm just gonna let it happen.
What're your thoughts?
sopranodivaEm
No comments:
Post a Comment