I'm here in Napa Valley, CA for my first summer program. I'm in the chorus of our production of Tales of Hoffmann, and three scenes. We also perform/observe master classes, concerts, lessons and coachings.
I just got out of a coaching of the first scene from Hänsel and Gretel. It's so much fun! I haven't done a duet scene before. I love collaborating with a partner, director and pianist. I get to become a 10 and a 1/2 year old again, bossing around my little brother. It's so fun to play younger characters because it's actually acceptable to be a kid again. You know you're an adult when you don't want to become one.
I get to continue studying with my teacher from home as well as learn from other teachers from different music schools around the country. It's time for grad school shopping! Or at least begin the process.
More to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment